Story of Smile





“My name is smile. I rest on lips of countless people. I am gender, culture, race, ethnicity and caste neutral. I come in various shades, from the humblest of the order to the proudest of the proud. From the gullible and naïve to the scheming one. From the innocent to the cruelest of the cruel. From the lost to the found. From the love to the malignity. From supportive to the envious. From sad to the Happy. From the truthful to the fake. These shades define me, they define me because of the person.

What am I then…?
I am optimistic, whenever people smile or have any other shades of mine, they have optimism, for all their plans and schemes, their moments are hidden behind me. I am here to make a confession today. I have come to understanding that I have many other shades that were not known to me some 200 or so years ago.
Did I tell you my age…? I am approximately 50-55 million years old, So, I live countless lives and have lived a hundred thousand more. Now the exact age I don’t remember, you see old age has its toll.  I do remember some 50-55 million years ago when the I was born on the lips of first primate. I wasn’t exactly smart then. It took me some 50 million years just to get in shape and you people fuss about dieting.
I remember exactly, I was in my puberty when the early ancestor of today’s human invented the fire some 2 million years ago. I do remember.
I learned a great many things witness a great many events. I was there on the lips of Buddha the greatest teacher of mine. He taught me patience, peace, kindness. I was there on the lips of Moses I learnt the value of dignity. I was there on the lips of Jesus, he taught me forgiveness. I was there on the lips of the Prophet Mohammed, he taught me brotherhood. I was there on the lips of Nanak, he taught me equality. Lot of them I just can’t even list here. I was there when they were changing the lives of men for good.
I am there when lovers are passionately entangled. I am there when a mother loves her child. I am there when a father adores his daughter. I am there when a sister is proud of her brother.
But now, my life has been shortened, more life infanticide. People never let me see the world, through their lips they kill me before I have any chance or dreams. Since I don’t age I must be the witness. Of horrible things, I was on the lips of a proud ‘Aryan’. I was there when just satisfy the machoistic ego many sailors were drowned at pacific and I was there when the ‘Crippled’ dropped the ‘little boy’ countless innocents.
I was witness to all. Yet I don’t judge. I am above any prejudice. When I was born I wanted to change the world. Now the world changes me, as per their requirement. I have nowhere to go. Still I am concerned because I may not have countless lives more if you people don’t let me be on your face. Where is my protector. I am so worried that even the GOD doesn’t incarnate or send his sons or angles any more. All the more I am there on the lips of self-proclaimed Gods, Saints, Angels, Messiahs.

I don’t want to but I must be at times on the lips of War criminals, Terrorists, Rapists, Murders, psycho-sociopaths.
Please don’t judge me. It is not me. I must be there when someone calls for me. I am now but, for many a people have hidden agendas vicious crimes to hide behind me.
All I want now is for You People to spread me more on those children who are orphaned, on those parents who are living alone at old age. I want to be with poor and people who migrate in quest of better life. I want to be with all those who are constructive, innovative those who can make a world a better place and let me live 50-55 million years more (there’s no harm in wishing to live forever, duh as if you haven’t thought it even once).
I just Hope you have a good day and keep smiling. Don’t judge me now that you know me and know how I feel.


Remember your smile makes my day.”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Icarus's Lament

The Underdog Part 12; The Escape

First post